Fixed Special Charcaters being converted into HTML

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by RobParker, Dec 11, 2011.

1. RobParker

RobParker New Member

Version:
    1.0.0​

Description:
    When submitting a form, special characters (e.g. &, ", etc) are converted into their HTML equivalent (e.g. &) in the destination thread.​

Steps to Reproduce:
    Submit a form with a & symbol in the text field.

Note: This is in the version of SimpleForms that LiquidPro provided me directly, compiled for PHP 5.2.17.​
  2. Andrew

Andrew Lead Developer Staff Member

This bug is quite obvious in the bug submission as well. I will be investigating this and figuring out what we need to do in order to escape the characters so XenForo will display correctly.
  3. RobParker

RobParker New Member

I hadn't even noticed that the problem had occurred in my own post here.
  4. Andrew

Andrew Lead Developer Staff Member

A fix for this is slated for the 1.1.0 release. We do not have a date yet, but we will let you know as it gets closer.
    dwdmadmac likes this.
  5. RobParker

RobParker New Member

Are you sure this is fixed?

We're still seeing " converted into "
    dwdmadmac likes this.
  6. dwdmadmac

dwdmadmac XenForo License Holder

I second this. I would submit an Error code but is unable to locate one. Once I have established an error code Ill input it in correct section.
  7. John

John Lead UI Designer Staff Member

We have been unable to duplicate this issue still. Please ensure you have the latest files installed. I would re-upload and overwrite just in-case.
  8. RobParker

RobParker New Member

I've uploaded/reinstalled/etc and still have the same problems. Am I the only one reporting this still (it looked like dwdmadmac has the same issue)?
  9. dwdmadmac

dwdmadmac XenForo License Holder

Have latest files re-installed multiple times. This is being rein-acted through mailing for me.

Still having the issue
  10. rpgdirectory

rpgdirectory Guest

We're getting this too. > are turning into this: >